I'm Back. And so is Mallard.

I'm back.  But I haven't really gone anywhere.  I just needed a break.  A break from the news.  A break from thinking and writing about it.  A break from blogging, though I've still been talking to folks. That has been enough brain activity for the last week.

Anyway, here I am.  Back.  And so is Mallard Fillmore in the Oakland Press.  I have no idea why he disappeared from the editorial page.  I had seen letters from liberals complaining about his conservative views.  So, don't read the comic if you don't like it.  Just because you get a newspaper does not mean you have to read everything in it.  Let alone agree with or believe everything you read.

The last two days the cartoons have revolved around the new CFL lightbulbs.  I already blogged about this, but not quite so cleverly as Mr. Tinsley.  Today's comic was about starting a car with CFL technology.  I am sure those of you who are my age will still remember the days when we depressed the accelerator and then waited before turning the key to start the car, always being careful not to 'flood the engine'.  I can still hear my father yelling at me.  Mallard envisions cars starting this way again. 

So, welcome back Mallard.  I don't always agree with you, but at least you make me think.  And chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...