El Cheapo

Good Sunday to you all.   I bought a new laptop!  Of course it was the cheapest one that has been collecting dust, probably fell off the shelf a few times, has seen newer versions come by twice, and all its siblings are retired or traded in, but I got it!  I would love a Mac but will not spend that kind of money when a cheaper item gives the same results.  I'm sure there are advantages, but still not worth the extra moolah.  Yes, I am cheap.  For years I've been paying off my sister's maxed cards and helping her son and grandson with cars and such, but when it comes to me - El Cheapo.  Don't misunderstand - I am no where near "well-off" as they say.  Difference is, she needs the help, it's neccessities - not pleasure spending.  She is 73, my brother is 70, and I am 60.   The age difference is because my mother saw her younger sister Helen's new baby and had to have another.  Moi.  Anyway, since I am the Queen of Returns, it's staying in the box for a few days.  It's never buyer's remorse, it's DOLLARS remorse!!   Unless my husband once again says "I think we should start looking for a used car for your sister", then the box will fly open (when it hits him).  On to other topics.
Aren't these sweet?   I didn't think I would like the small version but I love them!  
Maybe this is what stitching on 40 count and up would look like.  The boxes are 4", 5", and 6", standing only 8" tall when stacked.   The second picture gives you a better idea of scale next to the sliding box that measures 7" x 9" tall.

Hmmmm.   What should I do with them?   While I'm thinking, here's a look at the Overshot Heart.




Many of you wouldn't consider using a smaller count linen and I am now understanding the appeal of the higher count with those tight stitches.  But for this design, I like the way the stitches allow the linen to show through the threads and make it appear closer to a woven piece.  Did I just hear someone say yuck?  I'll bet I know who!
While I was thinking, look what showed up.  Another set! 
Hmmmmm.
What to do, what to do.
I'm getting an idea.......



And finally, El Cheapo got a bargain at Hobby Lobby.  We have one about a half hour from here and I don't visit often, but received a 40% off coupon.   Can't pass up a coupon.  Look what I found.  Lambswool 32 count in a half yard - $32.99 less 40%!  The red felt was Michael's with a 50% coupon at the same plaza.  The little felt heart was 50% off at Apple Basket Primitives in Vienna Ohio.  Bargains! 
I have a mess to clean up, coffee to drink, and a heart to stitch, so I will close and in a day or two, let you know what I decided about those little boxes.  Hmmmm.  There's a winner to be drawn on Wednesday.  Entry time will close on Tuesday at midnight, Eastern time.  I'll announce the winner Wednesday morning.  Hmmmm.  I'll be back before then, and until then, be safe, thank you for visiting, and enjoy your Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...