My underwire is rusting

Geez.  I had a few weeks of not so sweaty sweats, even after eating an entire bag of chocolates, and then yesterday....whammo.   Drenching, soaking, makeup running, palpitation producing, grab a towel flashes.  I don't have a boulder holder.  Mine is more of a pebble perker, and it's a good thing the underwire isn't metal or I would have rusty pebbles.  Enough of that crap.  On to stitching.  Well, more than that.
See that little gold vase bottom left?  Guess how many times I ripped and redid.  Two?  Four?  Nope.  SIX!!  No problems or frogs with the entire bottom until that vase.  Then the square before the alphabet had one side done three times.  Now you know why I'm not further along.  I'm really liking the color change to 632.
  I took one of my oldest samplers apart and take a look at how bad the inside glass was.  Look at the clean spot!!  Isn't that amazing.  No wonder I'm always saying that framing behind glass obscures the stitching!!  My glass is filthy! It sure looks great on the wall now.  Surprisingly, the rag was not yellowish which would indicate smoke and some pieces were framed after I quit.  
I've decided what my year anniversary offer will be - Samplers and Santas!  The first will be several older sampler designs, more challenging (with instructions for learning new stitches), and an introduction to silks kit from Kreinik.  The second will be Santas, offering three Prairie Schooler leaflets of the man in red.  I will post about it in a day or so with photos as soon as I decide how to have two offers at the same time.  Some of you may be interested in the santas only, or samplers only.  I need to think.  This is what helps me think ---- stash of a different kind.
Do you remember when I thought that 50 calories were burned walking up and down steps?   Well I still keep the chocolate upstairs in my craft room cupboard , even though I found out it would take 20 minutes of those steps to wipe out one piece. 
We've been having such wonderful weather and it was warm enough the other day to wash the car in just a sweatshirt.  This is the menoride. 

Can't remember where you parked?  No problem.  Not sure which of those silver mid-size is yours?  No problem.  At which store in the plaza did you park?  No problem.   The menoride - no longer will you look foolish wandering the parking lot in tears and sweat.  You know exactly where you parked with one glance.  I looked at this car on the lot and said "what goof would be seen in that?"  and then two weeks and 49 flashes later this goof drove away in that yellow bomb.   At the time, I was taking care of mom and couldn't leave her for too long so it served me well, saving time and frustration.  And now, I need it even more!
I also scrubbed an old tool box that I had planned to use as a display.  I wanted to stand as shown here, and install shelves on the right side for smalls, and hang a long piece on the left lid side.  It's in such bad shape that I probably won't.   And here's a pic of a deer munching on a hot dog bun.  No one believes they eat white bread!
I also wanted to remind you of another wonderful freebie from The Primitive Hare here, and she is also having a fun contest here
So I will be back in a few days with the offer. Wait a minute.  Many of you are accomplished 40 count stitchers with impressive stash and probably won't be interested in these charts.  And since many of you are like me and not interested in fancy stitches and "nice" looking pieces, you may not be interested either.  Hmm.  It's not easy to think of designs that would have wide appeal.  A sampler box instead?   Maybe that's too primitive looking!   Once again, I confuse myself by the end of a post.  Or not.  I'll be back in a few days with the offer, whatever it may be!
Thank you much for visiting with me -
hope your weekend is a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...