A little chart for you

Hello stitchers.  I was searching for lost floss, missing charts, and the new purchases which have all seemed to run off.  In the midst of throwing things from boxes and folders, I came across one of my graphs that I never stitched.  I wanted to stitch something in remembrance of family members that I could add to as time passed.  I planned on finishing the back with the envelope method so I could open to add initials.   The scan just wasn't showing the grid clearly so I transferred it to a stitch program for more clarity.    Since I never stitched it, there is nothing to show, but I thought if some of you are adventurous and like this idea, go for it.  When I first worked it out, I had planned on family initials of those passed in the bottom area stitched over one in a little box.  Well, where do you draw the line?  I've lost so many aunts, uncles, my parents, in-laws, and of course, pets, that I considered making the base of the tree longer to accommodate a second row.  The more I look at it, I like it without the initials and really don't need them to remember loved ones when I see this.  So if you would like to stitch this, with or without personalization, please send me a photo when completed.  The colors are simple, and with unbleached linen, 644 is great, but on a lighter ground, 3023 is better.  I mentioned that mom has been on my mind more so lately, and her birthday is the 23rd, so I found it poignant that I came across this chart today.  I just thought of maybe a better idea - how about an appropriate verse or quote over one at the bottom?  No?  A short one over two?  No?  Just a thought.  Edited - I redid the chart, taking out the initials and adding the words at the bottom. Two choices.
These are the colors on unbleached linen.  The initials were going to be done in a deep red but now I think 3021 or the 644 would be better.  I don't remember how to show a chart for copying so if any one is interested but has a problem, let me know.  I think you click on the photo, it enlarges, and then you right click and "save".  Pass the fish oil please!!  I want my old sharp memory back!!



 
Also wanted to show the ground cover I planted late fall (don't mind the weeds -haven't worked outside yet).  This is black scallop ajuga and I was pleasantly surprised at these bright blue spring flowers.  It was raining and dark when I took the photo so you can imagine how bright they are in sunlight.  The leaves are a very dark crimson and I love this little plant.
That's it.  Quick post.  Just wanted to pass this along.
Stay safe - thank you for visiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...