MIADD

Menopause Induced Attention Deficit Disorder. 
Good day all.  As usual, this post will be all over the place.  First up, I want to wish a joyous Easter to everyone who honors this day.  It was Mom's favorite holiday, and I have her childhood rosary on my SIL's stitched bunny in memory of them both. 

The only other rabbit I own is my very old gourd that I painted depicting our first Lab pup.  The gourd is unusual because of the split and I thought a rabbit would do its form justice, but I just can't paint those ears properly.


















I've been working on Lucy and started the right side after a bunch more errors.  Thank goodness nothing lines up on this or I would be really frustrated. 
And I received a fantastic package from Bertie.   Isn't her blog fabulous?  Such wonderful photos. (She also included two Cadbury with fruit and nut - guess why they aren't in the photo.) 
Thus, the MIADD.
She stitched a Stacy Nash and aged it perfectly, which started me on a path of total chaos.  I slipped into my muddy garden shoes to walk down for the mail and got so excited with the box that I forgot to take them off.  After opening, I started going from room to room, thinking of so many places to display my new treasures.   The huge Cadbury bar was going with me.  I would set it down, place the pinkeep, snap the camera, and move on. 
Next room.....where's my candy? 

Go look for it.  Ah.  Back to the other room to play.  Where's the camera?  Go look for it.  Wait!  What about displaying it here?  Where's my candy?  Wait a minute.  Where was I?  Did I leave the pinkeep in the other room?  With the camera?  Where's the camera?  Ah.  Here we go.  Wait! 
What about here?  Where's my chocolate?  Where's all this mud coming from?  OH!!!  What about HERE????   From room to room and back again, misplacing, searching, finding. This went on all afternoon until the entire bar was gone and the camera batteries died.  My husband came home and said "what are you cooking?  That's an odd smell."  Well.  In the oven were fabric pieces I tried drying after staining and forgot about in all the excitement, now burned.

Hmmmmm. "You're drying cloth in the oven, which is for cooking, instead of in the new dryer.  May I ask why?"    "Yes you may smart ass.  It's because your dinner is in the dryer."
 And look at this!  I've been searching for a place to hide my baby Rolodex with all my passwords and such while keeping it close to my laptop.  TA-DA!
It's a perfect fit.  I plan on doing a larger box for remotes.
The final project on a dizzying day was to age my little natural color beeswax pineapple.  Instead of searching the net for instructions, I just continued on in my chocolate induced stupor.  I held it over a flame to soften and then sprinkled the spices.  OK.  But not enough and it didn't stick very well.  So I covered it with more spice and used the flame again and it burned the spices.   It only took a second to blacken and if I messed up I just scraped it off and started over.  I like it!
Since Easter is a time for baskets, I thought I would show you my very first attempt at basket weaving some 20 years ago. 
That about wraps up what I am willing to share about my day of MIADD.   I'm embarrassed to say that I spotted a box during my frenzy and realized that I forgot about the new computer I purchased months ago.  That damn fish oil better kick in soon or I will be increasing the dose to a quarter cup. 
 If you made it this far, I want to thank you for enduring my ramblings.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and joyous Easter.
Blessings to you all!







No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...