My blue stems and tablecloth curtains

Hi everyone.  Hope you had a good week and will be enjoying this weekend.  Just wanted to boast a little ~ I haven't taken a match to Lucy.  That's right.  She is a royal pain (but it's my fault) but unlike the old days when she would have been burned in the barrel, she is intact and just fine.  Except for being in shock over the cuss words that her young ears aren't accustomed to.  Here is the latest screw up of mine.  I told you about the darker and lighter x's as color symbols, but of course, I forgot about them and just went along my merry way.  The large floral design's stems and leaves and outlines were x's, and I had just completed a tan x section and continued on.  It never occurred to me that the stems could be blue, until I finally looked at the color photo. 
Yikes.  Damn.  I surprised myself and removed the entire design and started over.   It was a lot of time wasted, but I am determined to finish this project before moving on and can't wait to get to the houses.   They should be much quicker than this section.  I'm starting to see the end of the tunnel!
 I also wanted to show you my stained tablecloths.   There are always a few small spots on my tablecloths that seem to defy removal.  These are the homespun 100% heavy woven cotton type with fringe.  I decided to cut them to size and fringe the cut edge.   Using a small nail, I just poke the fabric over it, and use jute to make a tie back.  The small stains aren't noticeable at all and being 100% cotton, they can easily be bleached out or dyed.  They are pretty reasonable to purchase new for a heavy curtain if you like this style, or put your old tablecloths to good use.  If you prefer just a valance, you could get several from one cloth.  For bathrooms, remove the tieback and the heavy fabric affords privacy.  You already know this, don't you.  Here's a beige that I bleached out, and a mustard/ivory pattern that is a 52x52 size and not cut down.
   

 Whenever I took Mom somewhere, right before we left she would ask "are you going to comb that hair?".  And when I would wash the curtains - I have others that are just hanging fringed fabric in a valance style - she would ask "are you ever going to buy real curtains and take down those rags?".  I didn't start stitching again until after she passed and I can just imagine what she would have said about the "aged" pieces!
Today I am turning my hoodies into regular collars.  I found a great deal in tall sizes so purchased several, but I hate hoodies.  The back pulls down, my shoulder bag always catches the hood, and I never use them anyway so I came up with a solution.  Next post, I'll show you the method, or a large fire.
Have a great weekend!  Stay safe ~ thank you for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...