Stella's quirky wooden people

Greetings!  What a gorgeous day today.  I received my order from Hannah's Pinkeep and I'm a happy girl.   I've been waiting for an order from another shop of two sampler charts for a while and I'm not happy about that.  Hannah's was quick!! 
I just love this Nash design and I'm anxious to start this or a few other smalls BUT Lucy is no where near complete.  At least I'm into the alphabet and only have one more wonky border to do.   I must have been menobraining again when I placed this order online.  I got a 5 yard skein of Uniform Blue, and then obviously changed my mind and ordered the 10 yard, but never deleted the 5.  That's OK.  Harry Tyler's Lion will use up the floss so it's a good thing I have both. 
I mentioned prior post about having Mom on my mind and thought I would show you the quirky items she treasured.  I have no idea how they became hers. They are all hand carved and painted and have been around for as long as I can remember.  The first is the key rack.
Then there's the wine cork and the gentleman greets you when you pull the cord.
But this guy is my absolute favorite!  The toothpick holder.
I also played around trying to make grummy/grungy candles.  I took the time and searched the web for instructions but most all involved melting wax and mixing with spices to coat the candles.  Didn't have any, so I just put them in a 150 degree oven for several minutes and then rolled them in the cinnamon, cloves, and coffee.  I did this several times and kept checking the candles for softness.  Didn't want to melt them, just soften enough for the spices to embed.   I continued adding spice until I was satisfied with coverage and then used the flame from a lighter to burn it more.
 
So there you have it.  Not much else going on since I am still working on the plan for the contractor.  I went to a vein center for an ultrasound before my sclerotherapy injections for varicose veins.  I've been getting the treatment for over 30 years and it's time again before they get bad.  It seems the new procedure of inserting the wire and laser up to the groin and zapping the entire vein is the latest.  I didn't think it was necessary but they are really pushing this new procedure.  Not sure if I will insist on only the injections or go for the zapping in the fall, followed by injections.  I can see how it would prevent future treatments but at 60, do I care?
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  I will be stitching Lucy as much as possible and using up another tablet of graph paper. 
Stay safe, and thank you for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...