Same Old, Same Old

I ran into someone I know today who said to me. 'Well, you got out (retired) at the right time.' 

A couple weeks ago someone asked me why, if all the local politicos in West Bloomfield are in the same party, are they still arguing.

Here is the deal as I see it: It has never been about partisan politics for those in office.  It is much more about ego and power.  And the abuse of both.

You cannot run for office without self-confidence and some ego.  You have to run thinking you are going to win.  But once there, you need to put your personal desires and ego in the closet.

Disagreeing on issues is to be expected.  Creating issues on which to disagree or embarass another person should be punishable by the public, i.e. removal at the next election.

I believe the reason the raucous behavior continues is because a large segment of the public likes 'Jerry Springer' politics.  And politicians know it.  Televise a local meeting and let it rip.

Unfortunately, some local decision making has become mindless entertainment for the masses.  And we wonder why we are in the state we are in.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...