48 what?



Guess what?  I learned something else about linen. There is a FORTY EIGHT count!  What?  When Bonnie first wrote to me about her 48 count stitching, I thought ...... what?   WHAT?  That's 18 more threads to that little inch than I use!  Say it ain't so!   Did she make a typing error?   Hit a 4 instead of 2, or maybe an 8 instead of a 0?   I feel like a stitch wimp trying to catch up to you 40 counters and here is a girl using 48!   And this was the real shocker - she likes to stitch over one.  The color drained from my floss and my linen went limp.  And then I remembered what a friend recently told me ...."you must remember to stay true to yourself and what you like".  And she is absolutely right. I will never be a 40 or 48 counter, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate and enjoy looking at the amazing pieces of work done by stitchers who are.   I have to do what makes me enjoy stitching, relax, and be comfortable with chosen projects.   I shouldn't feel inadequate because I can't keep up with the experienced and proficient stitchers whose blogs I visit almost daily, or the amazing .....
Bonnie The XLVIII.  
I am Marly The XXX!!!  
My projects will be a little larger and my background will show a little more, but I will not fret about pushing myself, or get frustrated enough to give it up.   I'm starting over, and maybe one day I will test myself with something more difficult but it should be when I am ready, if ever!   When I see these projects on your blogs,  it should be and is inspiring.   But not to choose the same fabric or count, or cotton or silk, but to stitch something just as beautiful, and be just as content doing so.   
I am Marly The XXX!! 
Give me chocolate!!!

This is Bonnie's Pine Tree Farm pinkeeps from Stacy Nash, on 48 count linen, walnut aged.  Below is Bonnie's Jane Thomas 1822 from Cardan on 48.
Thank you Bonnie for sharing your photos,  thank you all for inspiring me, and thank you Carol for your wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...