Stacy...where are you?

If it wasn't for my sore finger from making pomanders, I would be further along on Fanny.  The cloves stained my fingers but I doubt if it would transfer to the linen.  Here's a fresh, half dried, and fully dried.  Big difference!



The alphabet is finished, numbers next, and then the motifs.  Hopefully I will get to them tonight.
 I decided to do Stacy Nash's Pears and Strawberries, but I can't find it.  I've torn the house apart and now my stash that took me months to put away is all over the place.  How can I lose it?   I hope I didn't burn it yesterday!  Nah.  It will show up eventually in a weird place.  So I picked a few others.  One is the Ohio Sampler from Eye&Ewe.
The next is Pears Two from Historic Needlework Guild. 


I've had it for a very long time, LOVE it, but there's that "over one" thing.  Since it's so tiny, I think I may go ahead with it.  I don't plan on doing the back in drawn thread as it calls for, just using the same linen fabric for the back.  Unless I find Stacy! 
I can't tell you how many times I've had an item in hand, and then it magically disappears.   Some I still haven't found, but I'm sure Stacy is here somewhere.  In the search I came across a lot of other stuff I have no use for.  DMC metallic threads, metallic spools,  a lot of fuzzy stuff in several colors (Santa's beard thread?).  I may just pull that bead offer off since no one is interested.  In fact, I'll do it right now.  Goodwill is starting to have its own cross stitch section with all the stash I've taken in!  I even carry excess in my car in case I run into an Amish family.  Last week I approached a woman with her daughters and gave her 20 packs of embroidery needles.  She was a little apprehensive when she saw me calling to her.  I seem to have that effect on people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...