Freedom of Speech

I had an interesting comment today regarding my blog.  Someone commented that they appreciated that 'I tell it like it is'.  That was not always the case. 

I pretty much said what I thought up until I entered elective office.  By then I had spent the better part of 40 years speaking my mind. 

But local politics is brutal.  You say the sky is blue and someone is in your face saying you are wrong.  So, every comment is tempered and sometimes not made at all, though I continued to be outspoken in my committee work, whether people were appreciative or not. 

It is only in the last few years that I have called it like I see it, whenever and whatever that entails.  I know there are folks who do not like it.  Well, they can 'like it or lump it'.  It's called Freedom of Speech.  And it's unfortunate that not everyone feels free to speak their mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...