Why the Fuss?

I have finished watching the mini-series titled 'The Kennedys'.  The eight-hour series was made by the History channel, but was broadcast on the REELZ channel

Supposedly, the reason for the move was due to protests from Caroline Kennedy and Marie Shriver.  If true, and after watching the series, I am dumbfounded as to what, specifically, they objected.  Other reports say that the History Channel did not think it was up to their 'standards'.  Yes, it is tough to compete with the quality of 'Swamp People'.

For me, it was a rehash of everything we already knew. Joe Sr. was not Mr. Nice Guy. Jack was a philandering husband, much like his father. There was a Marilyn Monroe segment and the mystery surrounding what was really going on. The mob ties. Bobby hated J. Edgar Hoover and Lyndon hated Bobby. So, tell us something we did not know.

The only thing I learned during the broadcast that I had never heard before was that the term used to address the Attorney General of the United Sates is 'General'.  Or at least that is what Robert Kennedy insisted he be called.

We know a lot about public figures.  I am guessing the producers and writers just wanted to make another movie about the family, or at least part of it.  They seem to have lost a few children along the way.  We only saw Joe Jr. Jack, Bobby, Rosemary, and a brief appearance by Patricia.  No mention of anyone else. 

Was it great TV?  Well, no.  Was it at least entertaining?  I thought so.  And the acting?  When a performer so embodies a nasty character that you want to spit in their eye, I give them a thumbs up.  That award should go to Tom Wilkinson as Joe, Sr.  Nice job. 

If you get a chance to watch it, you can make your own determination on its quality.  I don't feel I wasted my time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...