Everything old is new again

According to my sons, and those redo folks on HGTV, some of my furniture is 'out-dated'.  If you watch the shows about selling your home, you are told that you need to make it look up-to-date.  This has been taken to the extreme in my opinion by having the owners rent new furniture and putting their own stuff in storage.  Give me a break.  It is not like the new owners get to keep the furniture in the house.  I say, let them use their imaginations to figure out how their own furniture will fit.

Anyway, I digress from the purpose of writing this entry.  When I quit working for Detroit in 1977, I withdrew the money I had contributed to my pension plan there, since I was not yet vested, and bought living room furniture.  With the exception of two chairs, I still have it all.  And I still like it even if it makes my sons groan.

This morning I am reading my newspaper and there is a small article titled 'La-Z-Boy adds "BoHo chic" colors.'  And there is a picture to go along with it:


OMG.  Is this really true?  Can it be?  Wait till I show the kids!

The article says that the 'Bohemian Rhapsody' collection is a combination of "old world" and fashion-forward styles in hippie-inspired earthy hues.

Of course, I grabbed my camera and ran (OK, I moved slowly, whatever) into the living room and shot this photo:


The sunlight coming in makes the color seem lighter than it actually is.  But unless I am mistaken, the style of the sofa is very similar to the 'new' La-Z-Boy.  Admittedly, several of the items on the coffee table are quite old, but I am going to pass my furniture off as new.  It's chic. 

Now if I can just get the kids to stop bugging me about getting an HDTV, I'll be living in relative peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...