It's all about the Dress

Kate Middleton Wedding Dress by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueenLet's face it ladies, all we really wanted to see was the dress.  And, if the wedding is British and you love hats, especially those designed by Philip Treacy, it's the hats.  So, this morning, after having seen THE dress, it seemed all down hill from there.

I have had some experience with wedding dresses.  When I worked for the JL Hudson Company, I spent many months selling wedding dresses, along with bridesmaid dresses, in the old downtown store.  Most of the brides were pretty forgettable, but I still remember a few outstanding ones.  My all-time favorite was the tall blonde who purchased a gorgeous pale ivory alencon lace dress with long fitted sleeves and a satin sleeveless overcoat.  She was absolutely stunning. 

On the opposite end was the bride who chose the very unflattering lace and tulle 'Scarlett O'Hara' full skirt with loooong train.  She looked like a big white barn.  And then there was the bride who chose black bridesmaid dresses with white tulle overlay.  A sea of gray.  Kind of like today's skies.

I never got the opportunity to plan any 'famous' Detroit weddings.  I did have the opportunity to help Julie Bertoia pick out her wedding dress.  Her brother, Reno Bertoia, (who died just a week ago) was a former Detroit Tiger.  I knew the Bertoia family (relatives on my mother's side of the family), so I had an 'in' in helping out. 

Picking the gown was always an exciting time for these future brides.  My future daughter-in-law was all excited on Sunday.  She and her aunt had gone shopping to pick out her wedding dress.  The latest discussion for a wedding location is Vancouver, BC.  That sounds exciting to me.

Getting married in a beautiful white gown can make any girl feel like a Princess.  At least for a day.  And we are only thirty minutes away from the BIG kiss.  Enjoy your day, however you plan to spend it.
kate middleton prince william kiss catherine princess

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...