Happy Easter, Happy Birthday Mom

Hello to all - hope none of you have experienced the terrible storms across the states.  We are drowning in rain again.  Thanks for your comments on changing design elements.  I wrote about this issue before, saying that we are interpreting and personalizing and it's perfectly OK to embrace our errors and leave them in just as the young ladies did years ago.  But I didn't take into account how a designer would feel if we made changes, and none of you feel that they would mind.  So that's settled!  Here's my unapologetic changes to Fanny...
The big motifs at the bottom are all monotone, so I changed the flowers to blue (311) and rust (400) with green leaves.  Haven't done the last one yet but it will be similar.  Seems to perk it up a bit and I felt less bored about stitching this now.   I'll move the star motif over and probably do a brighter gold, so the bird errors are staying.



I am still in awe of Thread Gatherer's Ann Medd, and she recently posted a sweet little Singer that she snatched at an antique store.  I have one.  HAD one.  All I have left is this....
I searched for the machine for years with no luck.  I wasn't fond of it (at the time) and it was displayed on the table in the guest room.  We searched the attic, all closets, basement, everywhere, and it's gone.  Stacy is still missing too.  My husband asked if I'm sure I had it.  YES.  I just bought the chart and posted a picture of it!   He still calls me toast.
                                                  Today is Mom's birthday.  She passed at 89 and I still think she is sitting in her room, waiting for me to bring her something sweet.   It's been three years, and I miss her so much.
And speaking of sweets, I will try my best to NOT participate in the crowds on Monday at my two local chocolate makers' half off sale.  But I'm not making any promises.  Dad and I used to stand outside in line with the crowds and load our baskets with nut eggs and solid chocolate treats.  You can't beat our Daffin's and Philadelphia chocolates.  But just in case I regress, I ate a bunch of this...
 I LOVE Waldorf salad.  I'll be making stuffed cabbage tomorrow.  Easter was Mom's favorite holiday and her parents were from Poland so we're doing Polish food.  My Dad's parents were from Italy and that's usually our Christmas meal.  Bolbaki (sweet poppy seed and bread) was my favorite dessert from my husband's Slovak grandmother and I usually make that around Easter, but not this year.  I end up eating a LOT of it and just in case I'm in line Monday morning,  I'll refrain from baking. 
Hope you all have a joyous Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...